PREACHER : REV .OFORI BOATEN
Being a disciple doesn’t necessarily mean your punctuality in church.
Who is a Disciple?
- One who has forsaken all to Follow (All that will be a blockage unto serving)
- One learning from a Master thoroughly.
- An active follower of someone.
Why be a disciple?
1. To advance the kingdom of God on earth.
2. To make us fit for His work/service.
3. To establish His church on earth
And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Cost of Discipleship :He must be Lord in your life
Nature of a disciple
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
- He denies himself (Daily Self-denial ) – Without self-denial you cannot be a disciple. So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14 :33
- He is Committed
- Loyalty – undivided and constant support for support.
- Total Obedience
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Visit our site for more sermons from Supreme Word Convention 2019.